Hi! This is my blog about writing and self-publishing. I've written three novels and am working on a fourth.
Got something to say? Email me on firstname.lastname@example.org.
New? Start Here!
Buy Firebrand now!
The Maker’s Mask
Buy The Maker’s Mask: Book One Of Requite now!
The Hawkwood War
Buy The Hawkwood War: Book Two Of Requite now!
Read an excerpt from Firebrand, my steampunk fantasy romance inspired by Charlotte Bronte's juvenilia.
Read an excerpt from The Maker's Mask, the first part of my Requite Duology, a science fiction adventure.
Read an excerpt from The Hawkwood War, the second part of my Requite Duology, a science fiction adventure.
Go here for out-takes and Requite short stories, free to read online.
- @andygates I went to a steampunk event and missed the DRACULA SEX VOLCANO. Something seems wrong here. 14 hours ago
- @ros_clarke Yes. 17 hours ago
- @andygates @pmh steamcheese in frome. Excellent market, looking forward to bands tonight. 20 hours ago
- @crinolinerobot gold dress looks fab, looking forward to seeing you this evening. 20 hours ago
- @lrbudd @SteamCheese will explain when I have more than 140 chars 1 day ago
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- all about me amazon annoying things book review books christmas covers deleted scenes firebrand fonts giveaways google heavy ice i get searches kay lulu non-book news other people and their books reviews rss and other woes short stories someone is right on the internet spam stories about books the hawkwood war the maker's mask the writing process Uncategorized word 2010 and its little ways wordpress
Monthly Archives: October 2010
Just for the Halloween weekend – enter code GHOST at checkout and get 20% off any order up to £100. I wouldn’t say my books are particularly Halloween-appropriate, though they do have monsters in.
Well, I have now made the grand total of 45p from Amazon referrals. When I told my husband about this he said ‘Well done!’ entirely unironically. Oh dear. I also had a baffling email from Amazon this morning suggesting I … Continue reading
Finally worked out where one of the damn flashbacks fits into Heavy Ice. Yay! Including flashbacks is like starting one of those novelty three-dimensional jigsaw puzzles: it’s only a good idea if you have a very clear idea of what … Continue reading
The BBC just finished an amazing project called A History Of The World In 100 Objects. I’m still working my way through listening to the podcasts. The idea is that each short programme takes an object from the British Museum’s … Continue reading
Amazon.co.uk is acknowledging the existence of The Hawkwood War! Also, my husband is reading The Maker’s Mask and doesn’t hate it so far, which is a relief.
Since the book seems to have been recommended in a couple of places (thank you, recommenders!) welcome, new readers! Here are some posts you may find useful: About the books Reasons why you should buy my books Extract from The … Continue reading
Exciting news – The Maker’s Mask is now available on amazon.com, and The Hawkwood War is apparently on its way, if inexplicably high-priced. Please let me know if you spot the books for sale anywhere else online!
After a riotous Twitter conversation, a friend is now planning to design socks inspired by Tzenni, and knit them in this yarn, being the closest thing in her stash to Boccamera green. Yarn by The Yarn Yard, photograph copyright White … Continue reading